Plastic Surgeon Near San Francisco in Walnut Creek - Dr. Joseph Mele
Whether you are interested in Facial Plastic Surgery like eyelid, face, brow or neck lifts, or Body Shaping like breast enhancement, tummy tuck or liposuction, San Francisco Bay Area plastic surgeon Joseph A. Mele, M.D., F.A.C.S., can help you achieve your goals. His practice, which is located near San Francisco in the East Bay City of Walnut Creek, offers exceptional care and experience.
Dr. Mele is Double Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and the American Board of Surgery (ABS). He is also an active member of the Premier Plastic Surgery Societies including:
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The California Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- The International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
A Northern California enthusiast, he was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area; completed his surgical internship at the University of California Davis Medical Center, in Sacramento, CA; his General Surgery Residency at San Joaquin General Hospital, in Stockton, CA; and sub-specialized with a Fellowship in Reconstructive and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
After graduating with high honors with a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of California at Davis, Dr. Joseph A. Mele was awarded the prestigious Regents' Scholarship to attend the University of California, Davis School of Medicine.
As a plastic surgery fellow in San Francisco, Joseph Mele, MD, acquired three years of intense postgraduate instruction in General Plastic Surgery, as well as specialized training in the areas of Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Micro Surgery, Burn Care and Rehabilitation, Hand Surgery, and the repair of Congenital Deformities (birth defects). Dr. Mele has volunteered on surgical missions to provide medical care for underprivileged children in Guatemala (Hospital de la Familia) and Argentina (Rotary International's Rotoplast).
In addition to the memberships listed above, Dr. Mele is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), and a member in good standing of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgery (ASBPS), the International Confederation of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (IPRAS), the Alameda Contra Costa Medical Association (ACCMA), the California Medical Association (CMA) and the American Medical Association (AMA). He has published articles on cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery in some of the most respected American peer reviewed journals, and has presented his research at national, state and local plastic surgery conferences.
Some of the less common plastic procedures that our San Francisco Plastic Surgeon offers his patients include:
- Ear pinning surgery: Technically referred to as "Otoplasty," ear pinning corrects unusually large or protruding ears. During this procedure, excess cartilage and tissue are removed and the ears are brought closer to the head.
- Inverted Nipple Correction: If your nipple lays flush with the areola, or it pulls inward, this can cause problems. Women who are breast feeding may especially have complications. Fortunately, our San Francisco Plastic Surgery professional, Dr.Mele, can rearrange the nipple and reconstruct it outward.
- Male Breast Reduction: "Gynecomastia" is a condition in which the gland overdevelops or fatty deposits accumulate on a man's chest; this can create the appearance of small breasts. To correct this condition, San Francisco Bay Area Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr. Mele, will make incisions in the underarm or along the areola, to remove the excess tissue.
As you evaluate your options, you may want to start by asking yourself these questions:
- Do I know the potential risks and benefits of this procedure?
- Do I have realistic expectations?
- Am I physically healthy?
- How long is the recovery period?
- How am I going to finance this procedure?
This web site can help you get some basic information. Under "Procedures" in the navigation menu at the top of this page, you can access general information by selecting among the many common plastic surgery procedures listed. For example, the Breast Augmentation information on Dr. Mele's Walnut Creek Breast Augmentation web page reviews many of the current options for Breast Implants, how the procedure is performed and how long it takes for both the procedure and the recovery. Numerous Before and After Pictures and Videos are available on the procedure's web page, as well as in our Photo Gallery and our Video Gallery. For detailed information, there is no substitute for an in-person consultation. For how a procedure will specifically benefit your looks, contact San Francisco Cosmetic Surgery specialist, Dr. Mele, by calling (925) 943-6353 or complete the contact form on this page or on the main Contact Us Page. Until then, be sure to explore the site and take full advantage of the hours of Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Information available right here on DrMele.com.
If you want to diminish wrinkles, age spots, and blemishes, or you want to reduce the appearance of a scar, here are some of your non-surgical options:
- Botox: Reduces the frown lines of the upper face
- Dermal Filler: Help smooth the moderate and deep lines of the lower face
- Chemical Peel: Rejuvenates sun damaged, tired-looking, and blemished skin
- Phenol Peel: Improves skin damage from sun exposure
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: To rid age spots, blemishes, scars, and wrinkles
More information is available on the Skin Care Page. Dr. Joseph Mele also offers a wide range of Breast Enhancing procedures including:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Revision
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Mommy Makeover (Breasts and Belly)
- and many more details are available on his San Francisco Breast web site too here: San Francisco Breast Enhancing procedures
To schedule a consultation with our San Francisco Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Mele, please call (925) 943-6353. If you prefer, you may fill out an online contact form.
Click on the image above to download Dr. Mele's brochure.